I’m deliberately finding joy for forty days. To start from day one click here.
We’ve been talking about what gets in the way of our joy the last few days. And I feel compelled to spend at least one day on the practical side of joy.
For example, isn’t that burger beautiful? My husband made it a couple of weekends ago and I scarfed it down like there was no tomorrow. But if I do that every day, I’m not going to be a happy camper.
I used to think, “all of that doesn’t relate to anything spiritual.” But I’ve learned when the practical part of my life gets out of line it makes it so much harder to keep a strong relationship with God and live in joy.
So for me, here are a few essentials…
* Eating well most of the time (and terribly occasionally–bring on the chocolate!)
* Getting enough sleep (a good Sunday nap always helps, according to Grandpa)
* Exercising a few times a week (Download The Do What You Can Plan Zia if this one is tough for you)
* Spending time with people I love and who love me
* Making time for rest (this is my hardest one!)
* Coffee (when my cup overfloweth with Starbuck’s it just helps sometimes)
* Sometimes disregarding all of the above (well, not the coffee and chocolate) and having some fun!
Now it’s your turn. What’s your favorite practical tip or trick for keeping your joy? As always, you’ll be entered in the random giveaways (pssst…there’s one coming soon!).